Product Specification unless deselected above
|| Noise at Work
|| 1/1 Octaves, 1/3 Octaves, Data Logging
|| Class 2
|| A, C, Z
|Available Outside the UK?
Casella Class 2 1/1 Octave Band Sound Meter CEL620B2
This is the Casella Class 2 1/1 Octave Band Sound Meter. The difference between the Class 1 and the Class 2 noise meters is that the Class 1 has a different noise floor (Check Tech Specification) and it has a more precise integrating system than the Class 2. They can be used for the measurement of all workplace noise parameters to comply with workplace noise legislation. You can also use them to carry out occupational noise assessments or machinery noise tests as well as to assist with the selection of hearing protection.
It is a simple to use meter and data is displayed on the high resolution colour display. Measurement screens are intuitively colour coded according to the mode of operation, i.e. green if a measurement is being taken and red when a run has ended. Data is also graphically displayed to give a clearer picture of the noise environment.
There are six selectable setups – four that are pre-defined to legislative standards and two that can be customised so that you get the data you need. This meter measures and stores ALL parameters, regardless of setup, even if not selected and these can be viewed in the software. All of the runs are date and time stamped and it can store up to 100 runs. You just have to connect your meter to a PC via the USB connection and the data can be easily reviewed without the need for proprietary software.
The meter has a single large measurement range of 20-140dB which means that you don’t have to change range. Octave band analysis is shown in real-time in both graphical and tabular format with the dominant frequency highlighted. A user can see how the noise level varies with time because time history of the broadband noise level is displayed in real-time.
- Total measurement range: 20 to 140dB RMS (single range), 143.0 dB Peak
- Frequency weightings RMS: Simultaneous A, C & Linear (Z)
- Frequency weightings Peak: Simultaneous A, C & Linear (Z)
- Time weightings: Simultaneous Slow, Fast & Impulse
- Amplitude weightings: Q3, Q4 and Q5 (Q4 & Q5 applicable to Lavg only)
- Thresholds: 70 to 90 (dB) in 1 dB steps (applicable to Lavg only)
- Noise floor: <33dB(A) Class 2, <25dB(A) Class 1
- Runs stored: 100
- Display: 320x240 pixel transmissive colour TFT
- Frequency bands: 11 octave bands 16Hz to 16kHz (CEL-620B model only)
- Calibration information: Stores pre and post run calibration date, time and level
- Output (P.C.): USB 2.0 ‘A’ to ‘Mini B’
- Batteries: 3 x AA Alkaline (supplied) or rechargeable
- External power: 9-14V DC at 250mA via 2.1mm connector
- Battery life: 11 hours with backlight on, 20 hours backlight off
- Tripod mount: 1/4” Whitworth socket
- Size mm (in): 72 x 229 x 31mm (2.8 x 9.0 x 1.2”)
- Weight gm (oz): 295g (10.4oz)
The main applications for this meter would be:
- Workplace noise
- Selection of hearing protection
- Calculation of noise exposure
- Ensuring compliance with workplace noise legislation
- Machinery noise tests
The Insight Software.
This software enables you to download noise measurements from the CEL600 series sound level meters and the dBadge range of noise dosemeters. when the measurements are once downloaded you can view them in a graphical or tabular format. These then can be allocated to a person, place or process and reports can be generated. As the Insight software works with the CEL620, 630 and dBadge (CEL350) series meters, you will only have to learn one package and only create the database for your entries once.
Instrument Configuration and Download.
Any new measurements will be immediately detected and downloaded when a meter is connected to the computer (typically via the USB port). Alongside downloading measurements, the software will also show the meter's calibration information which can be used to configure the meter's settings.