Product Specification unless deselected above
|| Socket and See
|Available Outside the UK?
Socket & See SP400 Proving Unit with Non-Contact Voltage Check
This is the SP400 Proving Unit which provides a safe and reliable means of checking the correct functioning of Multimeters and two pole Voltage Indicators (Vis) before and after use as advised in the Working Practice for Electricians. They also have the capability of checking the operation of Non-Contract Voltage Detectors. It is a battery powered proving unit.
The instrument will also test two-pole VIs that use small incandescent lamps to indicate that voltage is present. It has a unique and logical safety function – the test voltage generated is at 50Hz to synthesise a genuine test at AC mains supply frequency – so it will always read correct using the AC range of your Tester or Multimeter.
- Intelligent voltage ramp for testing multimeters and Voltage Indicators
- Generates from 50-690V with a true AC waveform output
- Non-contract voltage indicator test feature
- Powerful enough to light old filament style test lamps
- Automatic operation and turn-off