Product Specification unless deselected above
|| Socket and See
|Available Outside the UK?
Socket & See VIPPROKIT Voltage Tester and Proving Unit Kit
This is the VIP PRO KIT which combines the VIPPRO Two-Pole Voltage Tester and the SP200 Professional Proving Unit to form a cost-effective Safe Isolation Kit. Safety is paramount in proving a system is dead before any remedial or new electrical work is started. So, the VIP PRO kit is recognised as part of ‘the Safe Isolation Procedure’.
The SP200 is a professional proving unit and is a cost effective and convenient way of proving the safe operation of two-pole voltage indicators and testers, including test lamps and Multimeters. Before you work on any electrical system, certification companies and regulatory bodies state that, ‘systems should always be proven dead or not-Live’. It enables the testing of voltage indication equipment and forms part of the Safe Isolation Procedure. The tester being used needs to be checked for functionality, in order that a system can be proved to be dead, as recommended by the HSE. This functional check can be performed using the SP200 Proving Unit, both before and after use and is considered best practise.
This is the VIP PRO Two-Pole Voltage Detector which has a host of features making it easier and safer to use. It is fully compliant to current UK HSE GS38 Probe Tip Standards. The instrument has a unique side-by-side colour coded LEDs giving a clear and easy to read voltage indication. It has an ergonomic design which is comfortable to hold and the VIP PRO has been designed to be used easily whilst wearing Safety Gauntlets or PPE Equipment. The unit has been fitted with 1.4M of durable, double insulated flexible cable which will help to prevent any annoying tangles. It has been designed to be easy to use and give a clear indication of the voltage that is present. All you have to do is firmly place the contact tips of the two probes on the voltage source being measured. Then, check which LEDs illuminate and this will indicate the voltage present.
- Proves two pole voltage indicators and testers including Multimeters and test lamps
- Generates an AC Waveform to simulate a true voltage test
- Compact design encourages routine safety checks
- Automatic test function to conserve batteries
- Step voltage LED's indicate voltage being generated
- Low battery indication light
- Dual LEDs to give clearer Voltage indication
- Separate lamps indicate AC or DC with polarity
- Fully compliant to UK HSE GS 38 tip standards
- Double insulated 1.4M Cable
- Conforms to UK HSE GS 38 tip standards